For those of you who might not know me very well, I love to read. When I think back, I’ve always been a reader. I remember being maybe 9 or 10 and one of my favorite things to do in my day was read a good book. Back in September Gabby Bernstein, one of my favorite spiritual teachers released her newest book, The Universe Has Your Back. I couldn’t wait to get my hands on it! Not only because I’m a big fan of hers but because the subtitle described something that I desperately needed to learn. The subtitle read-Transform fear to faith.
I haven’t told many people this but for the last few months, I had been feeling very fearful about things. Not only fearful but I had been feeling a little bit of anxiety and nervousness. These feelings would come suddenly mainly when I would be around a group of people. I came to realize that one thing I had been wanting to do but hadn’t was to hold my own event or do a speaking engagement somewhere. And every time I was the center of attention those feelings would come over me making me question can I really face my public speaking fear? Gabby’s book has helped me release my fear little by little knowing that I really don’t have anything to fear at all.
Today I wanted to share with you all my top 5 lessons I’ve learned from the book. Here they are in no particular order:
- Look for signs that the Universe is guiding you. Do you ever see a number, a word, a certain animal everywhere you go and you always seem to notice it? It’s no coincidence, my friend! That is a sign that the Universe is guiding you. In the book, Gabby shares as her husband and her were house hunting a friend of hers told her to choose a symbol that would act as a sign that was the house that belonged to them. If she saw the sign it meant that was the house they were meant to have. It’s one of my favorite stories in the book that makes me truly believe the universe has our backs!
- Your intentions create your reality. How many times have we all wanted something so bad that we put all of our energy into not having it? Instead of feeling down you haven’t landed your dream job, focus on knowing it is out there. Instead of feeling sad you still haven’t found “the one” after all those dates you have been on this year get excited knowing he/she is on its way! Remember the Universe feeds off of your feelings, make sure you are putting out clear positive intentions.
- Lean towards joy and you will be led. I love this lesson! Ask yourself what would happen if you simply chose to be more joyful. How would your work life be? How would your relationships look like? How would sitting in traffic be different? Choosing to have joy be the greatest emotion every day can be a huge game changer in your life. When you choose joy, you won’t spend anytime time worrying or feeling depressed and when that happens the universe will happily guide you.
- Surrender. One thing that Gabby shares is that for many of us that love setting goals and sticking to them, we must learn to surrender to God, The Universe whatever you want to call it. Get out of the way! And let the Universe take control, you must trust it and know that it does know best.
- Certainty clears the path for what you desire. This was also one of my favorite lessons from the book! Gabby shared how at the start of her career she learned to hold her visions clear on becoming an author and speaker. She would see herself writing books and speaking in front of thousands. She worked hard and held those visions with certainty and after a few years, they came true. I think this is such a beautiful reminder to us all. To be certain that all the desires of our heart will come to pass. There’s a beautiful quote in the book that says, “Those that are certain of the outcome can afford to wait and wait without anxiety.” How amazing is that!
So there you have it guys a few lessons that I learned from Gabby’s book. I recommend you go out and buy it for yourself! It really was one of the best books I’ve read in a while.
I would love to hear from you now! Which lesson stands out the most for you? How can you start applying it to your life today? Leave a comment below and thank you so much for reading!
Wishing you love, success, and a lifetime of bliss!